Cork Harbour Cruises respects your privacy and is committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Acts of 1988 – 2018 and have published this guide to outline the information we collect about you, how and why we use the information and the choices you have to restrict our usage of this information. Ensuring the privacy and security of your personal data is very important to us. Please read the following carefully together with our Terms and Conditions as it contains important information about how we collect and use your personal data and how we will treat it.
What data do we collect?
Cork Harbour Cruises collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, address, etc.)
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources you access.
- Information that you provide when you interact with us on social media or when you click on an ad that we put on our site or on someone else’s website
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Cork Harbour Cruises with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Contact us via forms on our website, phone calls or emails.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
Cork Harbour Cruises collects your data so that we can:
- Reply to queries.
- Process your booking.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
If you agree, Cork Harbour Cruises will share your data with our partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services.
When Cork Harbour Cruises processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
Cork Harbour Cruises securely stores your data at our offices.
Cork Harbour Cruises will keep your contact information for 12 months. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data.
Cork Harbour Cruises would like to send you information about offers and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Cork Harbour Cruises from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Cork Harbour Cruises Group.
What are your data protection rights?
Cork Harbour Cruises would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Cork Harbour Cruises for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Cork Harbour Cruises correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Cork Harbour Cruises to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Cork Harbour Cruises erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Cork Harbour Cruises restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Cork Harbour Cruises processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Cork Harbour Cruises transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us via our details below.
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
This session cookie allows us to know you are the same person when you move from one page to the next, for both users who are logged in and also for some users who have not logged-in.
We use suppliers who also set cookies on behalf of our website to provide certain features on the website and help us to review how our customers usage of the website, details of which we have included below along with links to their respective privacy policies which will detail how these suppliers use data they collect in more detail.
We use Google Analytics to determine how popular parts of our website are, to determine if you have been to the website before, and to securely and anonymously record the value of any purchases you make on our website. Google analytics sets cookies which will stay active for a number of years and identify on your computer that you have visited our website.
These cookies can be identified by their prefix of __u…. You can opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you visit by installing a browser plugin like this one http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Cork Harbour Cruises uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Cork Harbour Cruises uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Cork Harbour Cruises sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at: 00353 879544140
Or write to us:
Custom House Quay,